The Department of Physical Education was established under the Institute of education with the aim to promote physical education and develop an interest among people regarding the need and importance of sports and exercise which is a medium to improve community health. Physical education provides each student with the opportunity to participate in a comprehensive program consisting of skill development, lead-up games, team sports, and physical fitness activities. The department offers bachelor, master's programs in physical education (B.P.Ed./ M.P.Ed.) and Ph. D. program in physical education and sports science. The department provides fee concession (up to 50%) to the candidates in U.G. & P.G. courses, who have won medals in sports at the national and state levels. Also, a weightage of 5% marks will be given to those applicants, who have represented India in an international level event, duly recognized by Indian Olympic Association (IAO).
- To develop a base for physical education, sports, health and fitness in the Shekhawati region.
- To prepare a trained professional in the field of physical education for schools, colleges, university, and other institutes.
- To encourage students to participate in sports and physical fitness activities.
- To undertake research projects for innovations and improvements in sports, health, and fitness.
- To enable the students to demonstrate the application of physical education in the required fields.
The well implemented, comprehensive courses provide ample opportunities to students to work in government and private sectors as sports-officer, trainers, fitness consultants, instructors, or coaches. The Department is well equipped with modern infrastructure and includes activities like basketball, volleyball, badminton, table tennis, lawn tennis, hockey, cricket, kabaddi, kho kho, handball, judo, football, athletics (track and field).
|COURSE TYPE||COURSE NAME||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||DURATION (YEAR/SEM)||REGISTRATION FEES||FEE FOR GIRLS(ANNUAL/SEM)||FEE FOR BOYS(ANNUAL/SEM)|
|B.P.Ed.||Bachelor of Physical Education Degree||Graduation with sports certificate||2||1000/-||22,370/-||22,370/-|
|M.P.Ed.||Master of Physical Education Degree||B.P.Ed./ B.P.E(4 Years)+Sports Certificate||2||1000/-||60,000/-||60,000/-|
|Ph. D.||Doctor of philosophy||M.P.Ed.||3||1000/-||60,000*/-||60,000*/-|