The Department has started B.Sc. & M.Sc. programs in chemistry. These programs have been designed to develop trained manpower for research and development (R&D) and allied industries as well as quality control laboratories of pharmaceutical, food & chemicals.
The department has a well-equipped laboratory with highly qualified modern facilities like UV-Visible spectrophotometer, FT-IR spectrophotometer, gas chromatography (GC), Karl Fischer titrators, nephleometer, conductivity meter, pH meter, bulk density meter, pressure reactor, etc. The department has expertise in the area of organic & physical chemistry.
The Department of Chemistry is committed to achieve great standards in both research as well as teaching, and to become anin-demanddestination for highly enthused students and faculty. The Department of Chemistry has been established with the following objectives:
• To act as mentors to undergraduates through advising them in education & research.
• To teach students the value of cross-disciplinary thinking by providing them excellent educational & research opportunities between chemistry and other fields of study.
• To promote innovative curriculum development while exposing students to advanced instrumentation and technology. So that they can satisfactorily fulfill the requirements of industrial sectors.
• To encourage community engagement by providing students with service-learning and community-based research opportunities.
• To encourage students to value diversity and to develop a global perspective through international experiences in chemistry.
|COURSE TYPE||COURSE NAME||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||DURATION (YEAR/SEM)||REGISTRATION FEES||FEE FOR GIRLS (ANNUAL/SEM)||FEE FOR BOYS (ANNUAL/SEM)|
|B.Sc.||Bachelor of Science||10+2 (Medical / Non Medical)||3 Years (6 Sem.)||1000/-||3,000/-||12,000/-|
|M.Sc.||Master of Science||B.Sc. with Chemistry||2 Years (4 Sem.)||1000/-||6,250/-||25,000/-|
|Ph. D.||Doctor of Philosophy||Master's in Chemistry with 55% Marks (50% in case SC/ ST)||3 Years||5000/-||80,000*/-||80,000*/-|