Demo Shri Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala University came into its pious existence in 2009. The university has been marching ahead on its uphill journey since its inception. It has since become synonymous with dedication, commitment, and service to the community in this remote area of the Shekhawati region of Rajasthan. It is universally recognized for its impeccable credentials of being a top-ranking university among private universities all over the state. It has been an eventful history of 9 years.
The university owes its emergence to the divine inspiration of the almighty who counseled Shri Rajasthani Sewa Sangh, Mumbai to found a university in the name of Shri Jagdishprasad Jhabarmal Tibrewala Ji. The university is seeking strategic alliance and academic collaboration with topmost institutions in the field of research and other disciplines. The university is established by an act 2009 vide f2(5)vidhi/2/2009 of the state legislature of Rajasthan and recognized by UGC under section 22 of the UGC act. It is well-equipped with an extensive infrastructure, containing state-of-the-art facilities.
The campus boasts of a spacious and well-maintained sports complex for outdoor and indoor games. The self-contained thirty-acre sprawling campus is strategically located on the
Jhunjhunu-Churu state highway road in its green natural environs. The university campus is located 198 km from Jaipur city & 263 km from New Delhi. There are well- equipped laboratories for civil engineering, mechanical engineering, architecture, pharmacy, science, and nursing. In addition, there is an advanced computer science laboratory comprising modern technological setup, equipped with high-speed internet connectivity. The university has highly qualified and experienced faculty, educated from premier institutions of India. The university is research-oriented and having a focus on innovations and novel research. The university has the memberships of various trade associations like ISO, FICCI, COSIA, AIU and CSI India, etc.
To promote education the university provides 100% & 25% tuition fee concession for girls & boys respectively who secured more than 80% marks in their qualifying examination for U.G. & P.G. courses. In addition, to promote girl education the university provides a 75% tuition fee concession for all girl students. The fee structure of the university is very nominal with the aim to spread education to the masses.
The university organizes several co-curricular and extracurricular activities to promote social events, literature, sports, culture, environment, and general awareness. Some of the activities are listed below:
Contribution to the Society:-
- Development and renovation of Lord Hanumanji temple in university premises.
- Development, renovation, and maintenance of Nehru Park and Saheed Smarak of Jhunjhunu city.
- Construction of “Sulabh Sauchalaya” in village Budhana to support ‘Nirmal Gram Yojna’ under the cleanliness campaign.
- Rameshwarlal Jhabarmal Tibrewala Hospital run by the university organizes free health camps in rural areas from time to time.
- Participation in the Indo-American summit organized by Indo - American society at Grand Hyatt Hotel, Mumbai, inaugurated by honorable Shri Kapil Sibbal, former HRD. Minister, Govt. of India.
Contribution to Environment:-
- Massive plantation of 1,100 trees at Sitanath ashram, Churu district to promote forestation and to conserve the environment.
- Plantation of 51,000 trees under the Rajasthan Govt. scheme “My Earth My Duty”.
Contribution to Literature:-
- Organizes “Hasya Kavi Sammelan” to promote literature activities at the tourist fair, Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan. It is the regular feature supported by the university.
- The best literature award of Rupees 51,000, in the name of honorable Chancellor Dr. Vinod Tibrewala, was given to Shri Shobhanath Yadav and Dr. Hatti in 2011 and 2012 respectively for their excellent literature work.
- The best teacher award of rupees 51,000, in the name of honorable. Chancellor Dr. Vinod Tibrewala was given to Shri Prem Swaroop for his excellent academic work in 2014.
- “Thames ki Sangam” a novel release program to honor the novelist Smt. Santosh Shrivastava.
- ‘Lohit ke Manasputra' by Shri Shanker Dev a book release program to honor Shri Shankar Dev, a contemporary writer on Tulsidas.
Contribution to Army/ Military:-
- Military Recruitment:- The university facilitated in the organizing military recruitment camp spanning from 13 rd Feb. to 23 Feb. 2015.
- University provides100% tuition fee concession to girls who have secured more than 80% marks in the qualifying examination for U.G. & P.G. courses.
- University provides a 25% tuition fee concession to boys who have secured more than 80% marks in the qualifying examination for U.G. & P.G. courses.
- 50% tuition fee concession for Chudela native students in U.G. & P.G. courses.
- Award scholarship of approximately 14 lakhs to the students for the academic session 2018-19.
- EARN WHEN LEARN scheme was introduced to support the meritorious but economically weak & deprived students.
- The Bhamashah trustees of the university provide a 75% fee concession for girls students for promoting their education.
- The university regularly organizes National and International seminars/conferences/workshops to disseminate knowledge and innovations.
- The university initiated its own publication of research journals and books having ISSN & ISBN status in various disciplines.
- The university is trying to collaborate with premier research laboratories of the country.
- The university has a joint collaboration with industries and trade associations for education &research programs. A memorandum of the undertaking was signed with the Chamber of Small Scale Industries Association (COSIA) for this purpose.
- The university is trying to tie up with most of the e-libraries such as IGNOU Library, Central Library of IIT Mumbai, Library of Mumbai University, Institute of Kolkata, British Council Library, American Library, National library, Indian Society Technical Education library, etc.
Important Activities by the University:-
- On 6 April 2012, Shri Rajasthani Seva Sangh (SRSS) trust has completed its 50 years and celebrated the Golden Jubilee ceremony at Bhaidas Hall, Ville-Parle (W) Mumbai. On this auspicious day, the first special convocation was held in which the university has conferred the honorary degree of D.Litt. to seven distinguished personalities. The recipients were His Excellency Mrs. Kamla Beniwal, Governor of Gujarat, His Excellency Shri J.J. Singh, Governor of Arunachal Pradesh, His Excellency Shri R.S. Mushahary, Governor of Meghalaya, Honorable Shri Shri 1008 Mahamandleshwar Swami Vishweshwaranand Giriraj Ji Maharaj, Renowned writer Shri Sanwarmal Sanganeria, Shri Vijay D. Patil Pro-Chancellor, Dr. D.Y. Patil University, and Shri Vinod Tibrewala Chancellor Shri JJT University, Jhunjhunu, and president of SRSS.
- On 27 January 2013, the 1 convocation was held at Shri JJT University campus in which the honorary degree of D.Litt. was conferred to Shri Rajendra Ji Maharaj, Spiritual Guru-Amritvani, Dr. Navrang Lal Tibrewala, Former Governor & Ex. Chief Justice, Rajasthan High Court.
- On 15 January 2014, the special convocation was held at Bhaidas Hall, Ville-Parle (W) Mumbai. At the event, the honorary degree of D.Litt. was conferred to Iskon Chief H.H. Gopal Krishan Goswami Maharaj, His Excellency Shri Aziz Qureshi, Governor of Uttranchal, Hema Malini, Film Actress, Educationist Roopa Shah, Ex. Vice-Chancellor, SNDTWomen University, Mumbai.
- On 26 February 2014, the 2 convocations were held at Shri JJT University campus in which four honorary D.Litt. degrees were conferred to His Excellency S.C. Jamir, Governor of Odisha, His Excellency Dr. Jaganath Pahadiya, Governor of Haryana, Dr. Bhalchandra Mungekar, Member of Raja Sabha, Ex-member of Planning Commission and Ex. Vice-Chancellor of Mumbai University.
- On 13 March 2015, at the 3 convocations held at JJT University campus, in which the honorary D.Litt. degrees were conferred to His Excellency O.P. Kohli, Governor of Gujarat, and Didi Maa Sadhvi Ritambhara Ji.
- The 4 convocations were held at Shri JJT University the campus on 5 February 2016. On 28 February 2017, the 5 convocations were held at the Shri JJT University campus.
- The 6 convocations were held at Shri JJT University on the campus on 9 March 2018.
- On 26 February 2019, the 7 convocations were held at the Shri JJT University campus.
- The university has won UNESCO special service prize for its works and contribution in the field of education in August 2010.
- Certified by ISO 9001: 2008.
- Awarded with a certificate of Excellence in "Excellent University for Ph.D. programs" by CMAI CCI Technology Education.