Department of Home Science
Home Science is the application of science to mold a student into a variety of life skills. It develops a scientific attitude in students to achieve greater efficiency and bring a qualitative change in the life. Since the inception in the year 2010, the Institute of Home Science has followed an interdisciplinary approach in synthesizing knowledge drawn from physical, biological, social science, arts, and humanities which have enriched its educational programs. Keeping in view the urgent need for developing state of the art academic and research programs in Home Science, the Department of Home Science under the auspices of the Institute of Home Science has introduced Bachelors in Home Science (BA), Masters in Home Science (MA/M.Sc.) and Doctorate of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Home Science. The programs equip the student with the knowledge to carry life smoothly at home as well as to develop a career in various fields of education, research, counseling, food & nutrition, household management, wage employment, Nursery school, house-keeping, interior decoration, bakery & confectionary, child development, textile designing, fashion designing, dress manufacturing, dietician, food preservation, specialized cooking, quality analysts, quality controllers, and quality managers in government and private sector. To provide practical knowledge of the course and also to increase their reasoning abilities, the department has different laboratories that are well equipped and administered.
- To impart knowledge to the students regarding various vocational areas of nutrition, textiles, clothing, childcare and community development & extension education.
- To provide formal training to shoulder all the responsibilities and cope up efficiently with the multifarious demands of the time and energy
- To develop a range of theoretical and practical skills that forms an appropriate basis for subsequent professional employment.
The curriculum helps young students develop key life skills for their future professional and societal roles. Their experiences at college are designed to facilitate self-development and nurture them so that they become aware, active and enthusiastic members of the community and the nation at large. In a nutshell, through curricular and co-curricular activities at both UG and PG levels, we strive to:
• Accomplish training and development of young women for professional employment
• Generate an appreciation and respect for our cultural heritage and traditions with a critical orientation towards social and economic advancement
• Undertake training of trainers and educators
• Develop research and critical analysis skills for analyzing and suggesting national development strategies
• Strengthen linkages with other teaching and research institutions and professionals at all levels
• Give impetus to community outreach and extension
|Dr. Savita Sangwan||Associate Professor||9466993162 ,firstname.lastname@example.org|
|COURSE TYPE||COURSE NAME||ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||DURATION (YEAR/SEM)||REGISTRATION FEES||FEE FOR GIRLS(ANNUAL/SEM)||FEE FOR BOYS(ANNUAL/SEM)|
|B.A./ B.Sc.||Any stream||12th||3||1000||2,500/-||10,000/-|
|M.A./M.Sc.||Master Of Arts/ Master Of Science||Graduate in B.A, B.Sc. Home science||2||1000||3,750/-||15,000/-|
|Ph. D.||Doctor Of Philosophy||M.A./M.Sc. in Home Science||3||1000||60,000*/-||60,000*/-|